Arizona Getaway








The trip was planned a bit last-minute. We've been wanting to do a hiking trip to the southwest for awhile now and everything just aligned for early October. Honestly, it feels like one of those things that I didn't think about a ton ahead of time because life here is full and then all of a sudden it's over. But! While we were there it was four glorious nights and days of setting our own schedule, putting in dusty miles in the red rocks, reading books in 24 hours, and having really important relationship conversations as we lingered over flights of local beer.

This trip was really good and special. We came home with fun, new memories and more depth to our relationship and those things are worth all the money and coordination it takes to make it happen.

I felt a little emotional unpacking my dusty hiking shoes, knowing it could be awhile before Devin and I get that kind of time again (also I need more canyons and mountains in my everyday life), but so thankful it happened. There really is no one else I'd rather travel with, even if he can be a little neurotic about making it to the airport on time.

 

2 comments:

Linda said...

So happy we could be a part of making this happen! We had fun creating our own memories with our dear grandsons.
Love the pictures! Amazing!!

Betsy said...

So, so glad you did this Em! I so wish too that I lived closer to mountains and good hiking landscape. Maybe someday...