Nailed It

 Or another way of saying it...God was gracious to us this week.





Week three of school is in the books and it was a great one. So far each week has gotten better. Not every day looks the same but we're slowly getting into a bit of a flow and everyone seems happy about the flow. Unprompted, Henrik told me he likes homeschool and that I was a great teacher.

This week I kind of felt like supermom. We made homemade popsicles and ice cream, planted potatoes, worked on life skills like cutting potatoes and cleaning bathrooms, read lots of books, completed all assignments and even got further in one area than I planned to. There was a lot of interaction and hands-on things, like a phonics assessment disguised as a game. We wrote and mailed thank you cards to some people. We took some park adventures. Basically we did all the things and all (mostly) enjoyed them with good attitudes. I don't expect every week to go this way, but I was needing a confidence boost with this home educating thing so I'm quite thankful.


3 comments:

Linda said...

Yay!! Glad to hear the details of your great week! Sweet pictures:)
Curious about the potato planting in August...do you hope to harvest them before winter?

Betsy said...

So impressed with the potato-chopping! So happy you have some "really good weeks" under your belt!

sarah.flyingkites said...

oooo.. I love weeks like these! So glad it boosted your spirits and love Henrik's comments to you❤️