Distance Week Four / Resurrection Weekend


I think this is the only photo I have of our week of distance learning. Ira made a palm branch in one of his crafts that they also used to practice syllables. Preschool teachers are very creative. Henrik's school requirements were moved from 4 to 3 days a week. On his mandatory days he has a pretty good set of work. He's doing well with it and I'm proud of his attitude.
The weather wasn't great this week but on the last beautiful day for awhile, Wednesday, Henrik's school stuff was optional so we skipped it all and played outside the whole day. So nice. 

Beautiful Sunrise on my morning run. 
I can tell there are a lot of people viewing government/cdc recommendations as optional. I find this annoying, but I know one can't lose sleep over other's decisions. I feel like if people start bending the rules then it goes to outright ignoring them which will just prolong the time we all have to do this. It was hard to stick to the social distance rules over Easter Weekend, but praying it's worth it and we're doing our part.
 First trip out in my mask...

Friday tacos and margaritas! Ah, so good. We've gotten Salsa Grille takeout most weeks in quarantine, but that's really nothing new, we get a lot of Salsa Grille now that it's so close.

Favorite thing about quarantine has been my family's standing "Friday morning coffee zoom". When are we all going to be home from 8-9 on a Friday morning with time to sit and chat?! It has been so fun and such a gift. I love these people.



I'll admit that week four started to wear on me (really until now it has gone SO well). The kids 24/7, the creative/messy things they get into around the house (dinosaur fossil digging pictured above), and all the need-meeting. I felt pretty down going in to a holiday weekend and just wanted to drive to my parents and celebrate like we often do. Thankfully a gracious husband carried the extra load with his days off work and gently encouraged me to stop being in such a foul mood. :)

On to celebrating the resurrection of Jesus...



Saturday we dyed eggs (during Soren's nap) and then an Easter hunt when the semi-sunny weather came late afternoon. The boys loved it and it was really fun doing it for them.








Sunday we did a couple Easter presents, a classic egg casserole and cinnamon roll brunch, and watched some of our church service. The kids just watched the music and a cute video of various kids/families saying what they're looking forward to "ONE DAY" when Jesus makes all things new. 



I read the resurrection story out of "The Story for Children" bible which I really love and so do the kids. I'm thankful for the small moments and good discussions I've been able to have with the boys over the past month with everyone home.

My heart feels heavy this afternoon. Saying bye to my friend as she headed back to Riley for another week at the hospital with her sick son, people in my life who don't see their need for Jesus, and the reality of our world right now with a pandemic and so many people who were already in horrible situations who now have even worse ones. I'm thankful that my heart can be heavy AND have hope at the same time. The hope that only a resurrected Jesus can bring. "Oh for grace to trust Him more..."

4 comments:

leah said...

love these pictures. my heart just aches seeing sweet soren. i miss getting to squeeze him every week at bsf!

echo that tension between heavy + hope. love you girl!

sarah.flyingkites said...

always love and often identify with your thoughts (a 4 thing perhaps? :)). Thanks for sharing. Love your Friday morning zoom call! So special!

Linda said...

This is all very special. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and pictures. Love you...

Betsy said...

Love that you are taking pictures with your boys...and your Mexican delivery looks amazing! The promise of that could keep me going on a blah day for sure.

Yeah, it's so interesting how different people's attitudes toward authority/individualism come out in these times. The rule followers, the flippant...we have to all live in the same world. But I definitely think nations like S Korea and Japan have it best in times like these - people who naturally fall in line and look for the good of the whole, rather than themselves. Jesus' teaching on valuing others above yourself come into play and I think more group-oriented societies do that better...