Distance: Week Five

Another week rolled by, much similar to the previous few. I have been shocked by my kid's lack of desire to leave the house. They have seemed content to be around our home and outdoors. I think they're feeling an extra sense of safety and security really. Henrik told me today he doesn't understand why people are emotional about this quarantine because he's found it quite enjoyable.

My week personally was a bit rockier but mostly due to hormones and having a lower capacity than I do most weeks. The weather sucked, which didn't help. Quarantine is 100% easier and more enjoyable with the lovely spring weather we've had other weeks. I've also been irritable about my pants being tighter and therefore less comfortable, but we all know who is to blame there. I've been mulling over some changes we're considering for our kid's education next year and it has consumed most of my thought life.


"mom take our picture." uhh...good one, guys.




Friday night was homemade pizza and movie night. They watched the BFG because they finished reading it this week during their nightly bedtime readings with Devin. I was mostly chasing after Soren, who does not watch movies.

The few inches of snow yesterday was an unwelcome surprise, but thankfully it has mostly melted.
If I think through each week of quarantine so far they could be summed up like this:

Week One: ahh, this is nice

Week Two: Bake all the things / Eat all the things

Week Three: Wine

Week Four: Downton Abbey (again)

Week Five: Online shopping
(honorable mention to tight pants...refer back to week two)

Week six has yet to happen but it needs to be 'house projects', so I'm hoping I can report back next week on those!



4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I was project-crazy the first couple weeks of quarantine then I fell off the bandwagon. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

And gaining the "COVID-19" is a real possibility. Eek.

Betsy said...

Ha! Your summaries of each week are great. I think this week was my "baking/eating all the things" -- !!

Linda said...

Yes, that recap on the weeks was great! My weeks all look about the same as I jump between sewing, baking and cleaning...in that order:)

leah said...

ha! your weekly recap made me laugh!

and love all the pictures of your handsome boys!