Home



We haven't lived in a place that's felt like home since we left our beautiful, comfortable home at the beginning of June. And while we've been blessed to have good places to stay in the mean time (some better than others), I'm realizing you just can't replace the feeling of settledness that comes from the familiarity and coziness of your own home. 

I can't look at that picture above without tears and an ache that goes deep into my soul. Our home on Logan Lane saw us through some dark days and some incredibly peaceful days. Ira turned into a toddler there. Henrik turned into a little boy there. Devin and I became closer there. I can still smell the familiar scent of walking into the laundry room from the garage. I can hear the sound of the boys running across the kitchen floor in the morning. I find myself back in the family room, laying on our fresh, new carpet by my favorite big windows that let in the afternoon sun. My favorite memories are the everyday, normal ones...like sitting on the bathroom counter with Devin, sipping Liftoff and chatting while the boys bathed. And the dinners. We hosted so many dinners with friends in that house and I'm so thankful we used it in that way.

Devin and I don't like the way we left that house and in hindsight realize we didn't appreciate all that it offered. It was such a place of safety for us. 

Thankfully we're anticipating a new home where we'll make memories and watch our kids grow and I'm confident it'll become the perfect place for us in this next season. In the mean time (we get possession in 23 days!) I'm dreaming and planning and that's really fun too...

One of my idea boards.



The entryway to our new house is one of my very favorite parts. The floor, the front door, the slanted ceilings and cute little window. And that wood trim. Ahh...I can't wait to work on this space!


In the mean time though, we're still making great memories with our boys. Thoroughly enjoying this season with them and thankful that when the four of us are together we can be home. I'm so grateful for how well they've held up through all the moving and changing and new friends and schools and church. They're seriously amazing and I feel so honored to play a role in these precious boy's lives.



6 comments:

Linda said...

Loved reading your thoughts.:) The past few months of not having your own home will make it all the more special to finally be settled in your new home! I'm looking forward to helping make that happen!

sarah.flyingkites said...

oooo...that entry way is adorable!! I bet the rest of the house is too! Your idea board looks great too.

Love the way you write!

Betsy said...

I hear ya, Em. But I think you'll look back with good memories on every place you lived in...even the BR one. :-)

leah said...

oh those logan lane comments made me tear up. thankful for each stop in the journey God is taking you on.

& i can not wait to see you make another house a home for your family - loving your ideas!

Unknown said...

What a whirlwind the last 6 months have been!! It's crazy when you stop and think about it! love you and can't wait to see more of the new house!

Daveana said...

That front entry is adorable. I love rounded doors! I can't wait to see more and hear about your new adventures back in the Fort. Loving your inspiration board.