Our Children



Every one in a while I'll look down and notice my growing stomach and have this weird realization that it's another human. Another little person that I'll have responsibility for. Another little person I'll most likely be just as obsessed with as I am with his/her older brother.


15.5 weeks

Obviously I know all these things and am not just realizing it. But I don't really think about this baby as much as I thought about Henrik. I guess that would have to do with the fact that Henrik still requires some attention throughout the day (large understatement) and I just don't have time to sit around pondering this new life. It's weird to think about this baby and compare it to how well I know and love Henrik. It's hard to picture a boy who isn't Henrik and it's hard to picture a girl period.

And on to the Bastian Boy...

Henrik Sebastian at almost 20 months.

Um, he's amazing. :) Here he is in his new 2T pajamas that are big but look so darling. He realized they have a fire truck on the front and kept pointing and 'oohing and ahhing'. It's the first time he's ever paid attention to what's on his clothes. And I'm okay with him having a fire truck on his pajamas. I just hope he skips the phase of liking super heros (probably wishful thinking).

 And yes, he drinks his morning smoothie in a pink cup. :)

Henrik is learning new words every day and following simple directions and doing all sorts of things that blow my mind and make me laugh. I'm not saying he's advanced, I think he's pretty normal for his age, I just have no clue what kids are supposed to do at certain ages so it always throws me when he does something that I wasn't expecting.

We have our frustrating days, for sure. But overall, he's a great kid and I'm thankful for him.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Good news: it's totally possible for boys to not like super hero's. I have 3 boys and not a one of them showed interest. Of course it probably has something to do with me never buying clothes with them on it, allowing television with them on it, nor mentioning the name of them;). We never talked about them or made any fuss over them so there is hope;). Cute baby bump!!

sarah.flyingkites said...

So cute...1piece pjs are the best!! :)

You can totally avoid the themed shirts...well, unless Grandmas have something to do with it ;)

bri said...

Ditto Sandra on the character stuff. Braden has a couple things with Dusty and Lightening McQueen on them but that's it. Those two characters I'm ok with. Definitely no super heroes. I almost got Keaton those same pajamas but got the ones with a football on it instead I think. :)

bri said...

And Thomas...three characters :) And all Kylin's had is a couple Hello Kitty things. She's never got into the whole princess stuff much though.

Sara Huber said...

The only good thing about cold weather might be the fuzzy pjs for babies. Can't wait to meet your sweet baby #2!

leah said...

that little guy has the best smile! :) love those footie jammies!

Christen Leigh said...

Cute baby bump and cute little guy--so squeezable! :)