Roadtripping to Boston



I can't believe this trip has already come and went! Such an amazing time with friends that I love and a great part of the U.S to explore. Thanks girls, for each of your parts in making this trip fantastic and enriching my life with your friendship.


Before taking off, we had to have a quick ceremony so I could present Leah with permission to enjoy the trip a bit more. It's a long story, but the bottom line: Leah gets to eat ice cream thanks to her kind sister (and a little creativity on my part). :) This may not seem like a huge deal, but trust me...when it comes to our group of girls, ice cream IS a big deal.
Christen and Kendra ready for their "off" shift. Christen was such a trooper driving the first shift in constant downpour.

See the rain? Yep it was a monsoon in other places than Indiana. I'm getting ready to taking driving shift #2 with my faithful co-pilot. Thankfully after Pennsylvania, the rain ceased in New York.
First Boston photo...hello gorgeous day. Not to mention girls that are looking pretty decent for being unshowered after driving all night. :)

Starting our walk along part of the Freedom Trail





Love how all the restaurants put their menus outside. Unfortunately we didn't end up with the best pick for dinner, but sleep deprivation never leads to great decisions. :)

Ferry ride out on the Boston harbor

The next morning, after almost 11 hours of sleep, we were all feeling like new women and ready for a jog through the city!

One of my favorite parts of traveling is going for runs in fun locations with good views.

Leaving our downtown hotel.
Quick stop at Harvard University before departing Boston. Lunch there consisted of frozen yogurt with fresh fruit. YUM


Off to Maine after about 24 hours in Boston. Definitely fun to explore, although walking around the city in the hot sun on a couple hours of sleep may have not been the most conducive to fun. But it was worth the stop for sure. 
Stay tuned for the Maine post...

12 comments:

Betsy said...

Okay, Leah's certificate is great! Makes me nostalgic seeing your jogging path...I sat along that trail about 3 years ago, "working" outside the office while Ryan was at a conference.

Sara Huber said...

You got some great pics...what fun with an amazing group of girls!

sarah.flyingkites said...

I've been looking forward to this post. Lovely pictures!!

I really liked the first one, btw ;)

Oh, and I WON'T see you Saturday because we're going to MX for Joel's wedding. Excited about MX, bummed to miss the party :(

emilykate said...

Oh...Bummer Sarah, I forgot about that. It's sad to miss you but have a great weekend!!

Daveana said...

EM!!! Fun, Fun, Fun! Can't wait to hear the rest! :D

Linda said...

Great pictures Em- I love the old buildings and brick streets. I hate to admit it but I don't know much about the Freedom Trail...

leah said...

ahhh! great post! can't wait to see the recap of the rest of the trip.

seriously--super stellar of you (&sar) for my ice cream eatingness. what a wonderful few days. i admit, i had a smashing head ache all of wednesday. sugar withdrawal i'm sure.

love you! & see you saturday!

Dani said...

Looks and sounds like you girls all had a blast:) Loved the pics!

Dani said...

Looks and sounds like you girls all had a blast:) Loved the pics!

Anonymous said...

Fun recap! :) Have fun with the Gerbers today!

Ashley Neuen said...

Looks like fun! Great pics with great gals!

Kendra said...

Thanks for the pics and the recap Em! Great trip & great memories with great girls:)