4: BSF

To continue the Thanksgiving countdown (see yesterday's post) something I have become thankful for is...

This is my first year to be in Bible Study Fellowship and we're studying Isaiah. I really love it! I love the accountability to not just be in the word, but study it thoroughly. It's been amazing what can be learned and applied from these chapters in Isaiah that solely focus on the judgement of some random nation. Chapters that before I would have never read or skimmed at best, now I'm spending time dissecting.

The class and organization as a whole is what I would refer to as a "well-oiled machine". Everything is very well done. And I really like the rules and structure. This might drive some people crazy. But since I tend to be a justice person (for instance, the parable where the people who work an hour get paid the same as the people who work all day makes me a bit furious), so I happen to like that you can't talk in class if you didn't do your homework. :) Ironically enough we're learning about how God alone is just and we should leave that up to him.

One of my favorite parts about BSF, is when everyone is filing into the sanctuary. I like to just look around at all these women, young and old, black and white, traditional and umm...non-traditional I guess...but you get the point. All denominations coming together to just study the word. I love it! It's so encouraging to be surrounded by 500 women all wanting to know God more. I can be sitting by women I've never seen in my life and I just feel at home because of the Spirit in the room. And of course, I love the small group atmosphere to actually get to know people.

I'm so thankful for what God is doing through BSF in my life and the lives of men and women across the world! If by chance you are unfamiliar with Bible Study Fellowship, visit:

http://www.bsfinternational.org/

2 comments:

leah said...

ok, i feel like i've been talking about bsf all week! i had several people over the weekend, a couple people yesterday and now again! i'm wishing i would have signed up this year. maybe next year if my fall isn't so crazy busy again (doubtful!). :)

sounds great!!

Sandra said...

BSF is GREAT!! I did a couple years in TN when we lived there. I thought about joining in lafayette but now that we have a woman's study here at church im enjoying it.