2020


This year was interesting and unexpected (both things I secretly, or not so secretly, really like). 

My greatest gift was time with my four handsome men.

My greatest blessing was God meeting me in new and tangible ways. He equipped me for whatever he asked me to do. He enabled me to release control over things that were not mine to decide. This wasn't because I was extra dedicated to him or extra holy. Honestly, I probably was less faithful in some of the rhythms we associate with healthy spiritual practice than I have been in the past. Yet, I found him organically and because he does not relent. In a year when I questioned him more than ever, even His very existence, He showered me with joy and peace that I haven't had in years. 

"You won't relent until you have it all."

"I don't want to talk about you
like you're not in the room. 
Want to look right at you,
Want to sing right to you."

-Jesus Culture "You Won't Relent"


 

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm giggling to myself that you secretly liked this year. I think it was a study on the human condition, and you love that kind of observation I think. :) I love God's unrelenting nature and that it was unmistakeable for you this year.

Linda said...

This is a great testimony of the faithfulness of God and makes me so thankful for where the year has brought you. But I'm secretly thankful that 2020 is done and hoping for more normalcy in 2021!

Betsy said...

Keep checking back to see if you've blogged again...I seem to remember it was something you wanted to do more of in 2020, but maybe it's not making the cut in the new year. Love you!