Vacation and into July...

On the evening of the 2nd we headed North to our favorite spot along the west shore of Lake Michigan. A few days with some of my sisters and their families and a couple days with just my parents and then some days with just us. It was really nice. I felt a little sad some of my siblings couldn't stay longer and that Betsy's family was absent...I think coming out of months of quarantine didn't make me as anxious for time with just us, but it was nice nonetheless. 

Summer days are long. So much daylight and time to fill with the kids. Recently we've hit that point in summer where I'm not sad about a rainy or cloudy day and excuse to be inside.
I'm definitely in homeschool planning mode and looking ahead. It's strange not to be getting class lists or to be caring about the school's plan for re-entry. I'm glad though.

I've been thinking about control lately. How this year is such a good example of how little control we really have. We often have a false sense of having things under control which inevitably gets stripped from us at some point. Also, we tend to do poorly at the things we actually can control, such as how and when we engage on social media or what we eat or how we spend our free time.

A daily thought I have right now in regard to the happenings in our country is: why is everyone so angry? I'm consistently baffled by how outraged people get over the dumbest things. Then I think about the toll that it has to take on mental health to always be mad about something.

A bright spot the past couple weeks has been a small group of women meeting at my house to talk about the book Be The Bridge by Latasha Morrison. The discussion has been rich and I've been so encouraged to sit among women who want to humbly listen and learn and repent.

On to the pictures...






















2 comments:

leah said...

so glad you had that lake house time!! + appreciate, as always, hearing the things going on in your mind and heart. love you, friend!

Betsy said...

So enjoyed the pictures of MI...living the lake vicariously this year! :)
I'd like to hear more about that Be the Bridge book and your discussions!