Semi-Distance

I can be an all-or-nothing type of person, so this middle ground of "things are kind of open" and "you can sort of start being with people" isn't my favorite. But since we're still plugging along at school and anything fun for children is still closed (playgrounds, museums, etc) life has looked pretty similar to the past few months. We did get together Mother's Day Weekend with my family at my parent's and it was SO NICE and soul-lifting. I don't have any pictures because I left my phone in our van all day. Funny how the best days tend to be the ones when you aren't even thinking about your phone!

Not in correct order, but some of what we've been up to:


Started adding some life to our great room. Definitely the scariest painting job I've ever done. Don't look down.


I love this little area in our neighborhood where the boys fish. I long to live in a more nature-heavy, diverse landscaped area but our new house has helped with that in a small way.


Between the neighborhood ponds, our larger yard, and the small woods on our property the boys have had some fun adventures. Recently: teepee building.



FINALLY finished the wallpaper in Soren's room and there was cheering.


Soren standing at the oven crunching kale chips. "num num chip" over and over.


The older boys have been rocking school work and generally fun to be with. Video games is the  screen time reward they're after these days. Even better if it's Beach Buggy in dad's car.


Looking ahead - last week of school! I'm not dying to be done and feel a little worried about occupying everyone since things haven't really reopened. A trip up to Michigan to kick off summer break will be a good start!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hooray for the wallpaper being done!! So glad you have that behind you. Enjoy Michigan immensely!

sarah.flyingkites said...

I'm starting to feel a little panicky too on how I'm going to entertain these guys all summer! I'm an all-or-nothing girl too....that style can make things crash and burn pretty fast :)