Distance: Week Seven

Our last week of official quarantine was a good one. Even though restrictions are lifting, I assume the next few weeks of our life won't look a lot different until we finish up the school year. Like many people, I have mixed feelings about things opening back up. I know some things really need to get back to normal, for the sake of businesses, restaurants, etc. For that, I'm glad. But, will we lose what we gained during this time and just go back to schedule-packed lives? I hear so many people saying they don't want to go back to the way things were but I have little faith people will actually make adjustments to prevent that. I realize this is easy for me to say... it's easy for me to say no to things and we have already made some intentional family decisions regarding what we let our kids get involved in because we don't wish to live lives running from one event to the next. I always knew this about us, but this time has definitely confirmed we're all happier when things are low key.

First up: Soren turned two on Monday the 27th! We had lovely weather and so much fun celebrating Soren. Blueberry pancakes, Kona Ice Curbside with our favorite neighbors, and lots of outdoor time. We ended the day having pie with Soren's beloved Auntie and family (my social distancing obedience was waning at this point).











Oh Soren - you are something! So funny and strong-willed and precious. In our family, two-year-olds have been SO FUN. I'm hoping Soren continues that trend. Love our little "Snorb" so much!

This tree! It has been so gorgeous in all it's early spring phases.


Snack and craft together - brilliant!


Banh mi style bowls. Our family favorite and most made meal.


One day this package came in the mail addressed to Devin. He said I should open it because it was for me. Apparently he thought I needed a better shaving system because my "razors are always laying around and this one comes with a nice magnetic hanging system". For some reason I found this gift so endearing and loved him for it, even if it felt unnecessary and probably cost more than I would spend on a razor subscription. It's SO DEVIN to want me to have an easier or more streamlined way of doing something. Thankfully this was not a message on my shaving habits. :)




I took a lot of photos of Soren last week because he just kept being so cute.



Date! Sort of...time away from the kids at least! Saturday Marlee babysat and we went downtown, sat in the sunshine on the landing, and drank a beer (yes open containers are illegal...whoops). We got takeout at Nawa and then realized Costco closed early so we saved our food to zoom over to Costco. Then we ate our takeout in the car after shopping, which was a little hard for Devin as he doesn't really allow eating in his car. :) Dates aren't as fun when there's really nowhere to go, that's for sure. We will be excited to sit at a fun restaurant and have a leisurely dinner!

2 comments:

leah feller said...

i can't wait to SQUEEZE that sweet soren. love that you had a special time celebrating him!

and yay for date night...even if out of the ordinary :/

Betsy said...

Love so much about this - the flowering tree, the "car" date, and the use of "Snorb" (which is hysterical). Thanks for sharing your life.