Simple Dijon Balsamic Dressing



Fact: homemade dressing > store bought.

I have had requests to share the dressings we use. So...I'll start with this one. Crazy simple. You can throw it together in a few minutes. It lasts for a week unrefridgerated. 

For all homemade dressings. The easiest way I've found is to make them in a glass jar like this:


In this particular instance I was just making a small serving for my lunch salads that week. This would also serve about 4 people for a dinner salad.

First:

Balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup (about a fourth of the jar you're using)

Next, grind or shake in salt and pepper to taste. 


And then squirt in between 1/2 and 1 tsp Dijon. I have the cheapest kind because I really only use it for this. 


Press in one garlic clove. 


Put the lid on and give it a few good shakes until the Dijon is immersed. Then pour olive oil in until the jar is about half full. (Keep in mind this is an 8 oz jar and the recipe could be sized down or up accordingly.)


Shake well and there ya go. Use within a week. No need to refrigerate. 

2 comments:

leah said...

this looks so easy & delicious. we just finished our homemade dressing, so i'll have to try this one! :) thanks!

smw said...

yum! thanks!