Quote-worthy

On my side bar, you'll see a link for Shauna's site/blog if you're interested. But today she posted something that really struck me so I wanted to share it.

"I want to cultivate a deep sense of gratitude, of groundedness, of enough, even while I’m longing for something more. The longing and the gratitude, both. I’m practicing believing that God knows more than I know, that he sees what I can’t, that he’s weaving a future I can’t even imagine from where I sit this morning."

-Shauna Niequist

3 comments:

Christen Leigh said...

Love this--thanks for sharing, as I don't often visit Shauna's blog. Maybe I will have to begin if she makes of habit of sharing such morsels of wisdom! ;)

Saw your parents at church tonight and it made me miss you....

leah said...

oh wow.

that hit me right in my soul.

thanks.

love you em (& shauna)

T and M said...

that quote stuck out to me also when i read her post. Especially the word "cultivate", implying that gratitude won't just come naturally to me but is something that will take effort, mine & the Lord's...convicting.