First Weekend of 2011

I think the benefit of getting married in the winter is that people are ready for a wedding again. In the nice weather months, it can feel like you're at a wedding every other weekend and they get old. So traveling north to a friend's wedding was a welcome getaway.

Almost all of our good Purdue friends stayed at the same hotel and it was so fun being with everyone, especially the girls above! We got some quality girl time and it was so refreshing to be with friends where I can just be honest, say anything and talk about life.

The wedding reception was so fun and beautiful. Very much my taste, which is rare at weddings. Such a great weekend to bring in a new year! Now just a little over two weeks until I get to head here...


I can't believe how quickly it's coming up! I have to admit, it's really great to be able to have something to look forward to post-holidays. Otherwise the duration of winter can be a little overwhelming to someone such as myself.

Oh, and I'm still going strong with no facebook. It really hasn't been a big deal at all. Though I'm sure fairly soon I'll reactivate due to feeling out of the loop. Another goal was accomplished this morning. I've been wanting to check in to/pursue something and I took the first step which was a very good feeling...more to come later. :)

8 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

I liked your comment about how since its winter people are ready to go to weddings again. How true..

Leah had a blast too - so glad you were all able to catch up!

leah said...

wahoo--what a fun weekend.

2011--bring. it. on.

:D

Sandra said...

saw pictures of holly and kents wedding on facebook:). Looked nice. Glad you had a great first weekend of 2011!! Quatar will be exciting too...safe travels when you go!

Sara Huber said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend! And I can't wait to hear more about the exciting things you're checking into! love ya!

Betsy said...

Everything may not be that picturesque, but we'll still enjoy. Interested in your thing you wanted to check into...and did.

Tami said...

Emily...so fun to get to chat with you and Kendra for just a short bit. It was fun to see you in "real life" since I've been reading your blog for ages and hear about you constantly, but just never see ya! :) You were looking very cute, I must add.

Christen Leigh said...

I saw the picture on facebook.....what an amazingly awesomely cool wedding. Seriously!

You girls look dang cute! :)

SOOOOOO good to see you last night, my lovely.

emilykate said...

Tami, I agree! It was really fun to see you for a bit. Seeing as I read your blog and hear about you. :) Hopefully we can hang out some time in the near future!