For old times sake...

My friend Sarah (well, older sister of my friend Leah, but I like to think of her as my friend too) often posts old pictures of growing up years. Bad hair cuts, mock turtlenecks, plaid pants, you get the point.

So just for fun...

Best guess...1993 or 1994
 Ah, yes always the animal lover with the mid-drift. Betsy was always a bit more responsible about taking care of pets than I was, though I don't think she likes them anymore than I do. She also is rocking a scruncci better than I could, must have been the perm. I'm fairly certain that dog is Daisy; she was given back to the Amish farm she came from and never was able to reproduce, poor thing.


Best guess...1992
The classic "back to school" shot. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even in school yet, but wanted to hold Betsy's trapper in the photo...is that Lisa Frank I see? I'm not sure which is better, Kevin in tight rolled jeans or Sara's plaid jumper...


Must have been Christmas or Thanksgiving out at Gma G's, maybe 1994?...I think Molly's hair/glasses combo wins the award in this one!

I think this was my cousin Aaron's wedding, but I'm not positive. I know it was before Kev got married, so I'm gonna put it at 1997-1998...around there. I think it's safe to say that interesting olive-like color was in, along with jackets/blazers...yes, clearly jackets were all the rage.

14 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh my! These are SO, SO funny! I love old pictures!

I think the majority of those outfits are crazier than Seth, Leah & my outfits - no offense to your siblings, of course! Haha!

Keep them coming - this is great!

(Oh yeah, and you're my friend too:))

Daveana said...

:0) <- That's me with the biggest smile my face could handle! Love IT! Thanks for posting these!

Linda said...

Those were great days- how fun it would be to have you all back home again- just for a short time...

Joy said...

I love it!! These were great. Jason enjoyed looking at them too:) He totally remembers Kevin looking like this and he said that he remembers you looking so little and coming up to talk to him because he was Kevins friend:)

Betsy said...

Okay I had never noticed the ALL JACKETS picture before!!! What is the DEAL with that? And is it just me or do all of our noses look really fuzzy or screwed up in that last picture?

leah said...

oh.my.word. this is HILARIOUS! love love love it. sarah called me to tell me to look at your blog and we just laughed and laughed and laughed!

keep 'em coming!!!

;)

Kristen said...

oh man, if i wasn't in class, this would definitely be a laugh out loud moment! love it...

Christen Leigh said...

Hahaha. This is SO FUNNY.

"Ah, yes always the animal lover with the mid-drift"......this was when I started to laugh really hard.

While all your outfits are quite.....attractive.....I think Kevin's in the back to school shot takes the cake. :)

Betsy said...

This is the second time I've read this post and I just keep laughing and picking out new things. I think if you look closely on the back to school photo, Molly is carrying a Kleenex box! Remember when you had to supply the classroom with Kleenex??

Tricky said...

hahaha....hilarious! oh the good ole' days :)

emilykate said...

Yes, B, definitely a Kleenex box...I had smiled at that. Also, I think in the last one, it must have been a morning after not enough sleep...the thing with our eyes = very tired looking.

bri said...

Hahaha! What great looking cousins I have :)

Sandra said...

This made me laugh!! I personally think that Sara's plaid outfit takes the cake:). What were we thinking back then when we let our mothers dress us and style our hair?? I have some very similar pictures. Molly...well...you and I could be twins at one point in our lives with short short hair and BIG glasses. HAAHAAAAHAH

Molly said...

Emily. Two words: DEAD MEAT.

That describes you. I'll see you tomorrow and you'll get an earful!!