gag me

when i got home from work today, i found this tied to my door handle...



at first i thought it said "pet pedicures"...now i'm thinking that might have been better than the reality. of course, me being the despiser of pets that i am thinks this is absolutely ridiculous...

now i'm not saying pets don't have a time and place, and maybe even a purpose in some situations, but posed pictures?! really?! to be honest i'm annoyed at my complex for offering such a thing.

i have many theories about people treating pets like humans...i'll spare you...but an example of my disdain:

the pet lover out walking their dog - you know the kind...one of those toy dogs or something and the owner is constantly looking around waiting for people to come up and pet and make over the animal on the leash...like a mother strolling her new baby. now i'm happy to humor a new mom and shoot her a nice smile or even a "cute baby" remark, but i happen to take pride in fully ignoring any existence of an animal. i usually go out of my way to walk around the barking annoyance and make it clear i have no interest in touching a smelly creature that will inevitably lick me when i know a few minutes earlier it was licking it's butt.

but if you happen to be a pet lover (and if you are i'm sure you aren't a fan of mine anymore) and want a posed picture with your pet, refreshments, and a treat for your cute little fluffy, feel free to head on over sunday!

11 comments:

Linda said...

Well, some may not find this funny...but knowing you and where you get this display of sarcasm, made for a good laugh! (I read this to dad :) Stay out of Emily's way if you're walking your dog!!

L, Ann and boys said...

=)

I think I'm a push over...I usually pet the little fluffy...even though we don't have a doggy dog or cat.

An

Sara Huber said...

Ok, is it just my imagination or is the lady in the first photo shaking her dog's paw?????

There are no words for this one.

sarah.flyingkites said...

haha! Funny post!!

I AM offended though. :) Haven't you seen those lovely portraits of Leah and me with our animals hanging in my parents' room?!

Betsy said...

Yes, she is definitely shaking her dog's paw, as if they are meeting for the first time.

I am in complete agreement and laughed the whole way through. Thanks Em for a good belly laugh on a Friday morn.

But don't think for a minute Emily is above posing with her pet. I have the evidence to prove it...

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

HAA HAA this was a great post. I, like you, am not an animal lover and do not stop to pet dogs or cats or any such animal. I despise them jumping on me and I vowed to never own a pet in my married lieft.
However, this has changed and my boys have begged for a dog. Needless to say we own one and it is tied up outback. I refuse to pet it or feed it so this it the job of my boys. We had two dogs, but one has seen better days...it decided to check out the road. Ive told my boys that if they do not take care of their dog that Id be happy to hitch the leash to the mailbox up front:).
To funny of a post Em!!

bri said...

Amen, sister! :)

Christen Leigh said...

I couldn't agree more. Especially the small, yippy kind named Fefe. No thanks. :)

Daveana said...

I read the title of this post and knew instantly I was in for a great laugh! And Betsy...I'd love to see that picture :)

leah said...

oh em, i love it! outrageous...i think you should consider changing apartments...this is serious stuff

and sarah--how dare you bring those up...we were forced. we did not do those willingly...