Monday Morning Thoughts


This whole time change is different as a parent. Falling back stinks because your kid will get up at their allotted time anyway meaning you don't get an extra hour of sleep. Springing forward? Great. We've been trying to get Henrik to go to bed a little later and thus sleep in later, but by 7 PM he's usually a disaster. So this time change works nicely in our favor, as 8 is the new 7. Though, I have to admit, I did enjoy him being in bed by 7...but I'll also enjoy him not being up around 630 AM.

Devin was home for a very quick 36 hours this weekend. Seeing him go really, really stunk. I haven't been feeling too sad about all this after I got over the initial departure, but having him home reminded me of how great things are when he's around. The next six weeks are feeling pretty long...

Henrik and I leave for Florida with some of Devin's family on Thursday! It seems almost unreal to me that by the end of the week I'll have the ability to take Henrik on a walk outside or, gasp, go swimming outdoors! I can't believe there have been people doing this all winter and I can't wait to join them.

To inspire creativity, I'm planning to post a picture a day from Florida, something pretty and interesting. I've actually enjoyed seeing people's warm weather photos while we sit inside this winter, so hopefully the rest of you feel the same and don't find it annoying. If you do, I don't recommend checking my blog much over the next two weeks. :)

I pulled out some summer clothes and a pair of shorts I bought for Florida when we went a year ago. None of them fit. In fact, they fall off which is funny because I remember feeling so thin after Henrik was born and I wasn't carrying around a huge belly, but apparently I've sized down quite a bit since then. I guess I'll have to throw all my summer shorts in my maternity/post-maternity storage bin. Most girls would be excited to go buy new clothes, but I'm just annoyed. I don't really enjoy shopping, and actually hate shopping with a one-year-old boy who wants to run around the store like a crazy (seriously, there's no point in trying to shop with this kid) so, in Florida I'll be wearing a lot of athletic shorts and dresses.

My parent's are out of the country right now. I always feel a little less stable when I know my parents aren't quickly available by phone or a two hour drive. It makes me extra thankful to have both of my parents living and healthy and I want to take advantage of that to the fullest. And I'm happy for them that they're traveling so much lately. I hope Devin and I can travel like that someday.

Well, happy Monday. I think I'll go pour another cup of coffee, just because I can.




5 comments:

leah said...

looking forward to seeing your FL pictures! us midwesterners, who are are as pale as can be, will live vicariously through your adventure. :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

Florida sounds AMAZING!! Have a wonderful time!

Linda said...

Loved reading your post and happy that you have warm weather ahead. It's pretty chilly here (50-60) with some rain, but we're not complaining! :) Miss you....

T and M said...

I completely understand why you dislike shopping with kids. I've tried so many tricks to make shopping work with my kiddos...maybe you can get away to shop by yourself while you're in florida! then again...the beach will be calling.... ( :

Betsy said...

I'll look forward to the pretty and interesting from FLORIDA. Enjoy!! I want to see a video of Henrik running around!! :)