Happy 10 Months

It really has been a happy 10 months of life with this guy. Even when I'm extremely relieved to see him go to bed for the night, I inevitably miss him a little bit a couple hours later.

I'm way late posting this. He's getting closer to 11 months now, but I say better late...

He has beautiful hair. It needs cut in the back as it gets closer to a mullet every week. My first attempt at a trim left it a little Amish-like, so right now I'm just doing nothing. He won't sit still for a picture, so sitting still for a haircut seems unlikely.

Lately he makes really funny noises. Like a raspy yell or something. His favorite word is "mum mum" which can mean a lot of things, but mostly it means mama. Speaking of "mama" have you ever noticed how many spellings people use of that word? Momma. Mama. Mamma. I'm not sure which is the right way. So 'mama' it is.

He's been a little bit of a picky eater. I made him a lentil/potato/broccoli dish that had nice seasoning (I would have eaten it!) and he won't touch it. Last night he wouldn't even eat his sweet potatoes until they were doused with prune. We're slowing transitioning to finger foods. And I'm trying to find ways to get protein in his little body since meat hasn't been a hit so far. Tahini in applesauce, anyone?

I'm not sure what type of parents we're becoming, but it seems somewhere in between strict and laid back (that narrows it down, huh?). We're I'm definitely not the baby-proofing kind. I tend to just move anything out of his reach that could kill him and otherwise let him explore. It's exhausting at times...but it is what it is right now.

He continues to love books and being read to. Unless he's really hyper then he likes to slam the books around rather than look at them or be read to. Henrik is constantly moving. Unless he's tired or just waking up, then he can be kind of cuddly, which I love. But overall, he's always looking for things to get in to. Seriously. He will be playing with a nice age-appropriate toy and then stop as if he just remembered something and hightail it to the stairs or to the wine glasses that are hanging within his reach. Ornery. And he thinks "no" is a funny game.

He LOVES music and will dance to anything. Even at my parent's church, where they sing acapella hymns, he does his bum-shaking moves and plays air-drums. 

I'm pretty adamant about not caring what other kids are like at this age so as not to get into the weird comparison game, but people tell me he's really good. People comment on how happy and pleasant he is all the time, so I suppose it must be true. 


These are the times I'm really glad I blog. A baby book has been nonexistent and writing journal entries about Henny has been less than sporadic. At least I'll have something to reference from his first year!



8 comments:

T and M said...

That last pic is so cute! I love kids in hats....and I'm giggling at poor Henrik being labeled a picky eater & potatoes/lentils & broccoli in the same sentence! You seem like a great cook, I bet he'll come around & like that stuff as he gets older.

When indi was little we let her eat beans as finger food. She ate black beans like raisins-an easy protein idea for this age or a little older when they do textures (& bean skins) better.

sarah.flyingkites said...

What a great update! He is so precious! 10 months is one of my favorite ages!

leah said...

awww. such a sweetie! love the update :)

L, Ann and boys said...

oh. my… the hat…I want to kiss those sweet little lips. :) Such a cute picture of your little guy

Sara Huber said...

Sweetie!!! Love the hat too!

Rachel said...

What a cutie :) When Kaine was a baby, he also needed a haircut, so Nathan sat him in the sink and gave him a little dum-dum sucker. He sucked on it and it entertained him so well that he sat still really great! To this day we still give Kaine a dum dum when he gets a haircut :) (and now he is almost 8 years old!) Not the healthiest, but hey it works!! just an idea :)

Betsy said...

I love this and - yes - blogs are great reference tools when you forget to write about your kid elsewhere! I can't get over that he does bum-shaking in fville church. SO. GREAT.

Christen Leigh said...

Such darling, darling pictures of him!!