Snippets



Devin has been into cauliflower recipes (like the rest of the world) right now. Tonight was buffalo cauliflower. Except that I didn't have any butter for the sauce. Devin wondered what type of people don't keep butter on hand. I guess that would be us. As usual, coconut oil was a perfectly good substitute.


I had been wanting an Ergo carrier since Henny has pretty much outgrown the Bjorn we borrowed. And I really wanted to have a back carrier. I found one on Craigslist, it was perfect. Only used twice, original packaging, half the price as a new one, but it was a little ways away. Coincidentally, it turns out it was located very near to where I was driving for my weekend work retreat. Even more of a coincidence, the lady selling it was driving south on the same road I was driving north on at the exact same time and we just met in the middle for the purchase. Crazy, huh? Thankfully she did not murder me and it was exactly as described online.



Henrik has been ornery and clingy lately, so the Ergo is coming at a good time because balancing him on my hip with one arm while switching laundry with the other is less than ideal. However, today he got so cozy in there that he dozed right off when I needed to start dinner. So instead I just walked around the kitchen snuggling my snoozing baby while Devin started dinner.

Henrik has been enjoying his banana rice rusks, or rather, what I use to keep him occupied at times. And we wonder how us grown ups learn to use food as a distraction? I'm trying to move him away from pureed food to finger foods. It's messy and kind of a pain. But I also will be glad not to spoon feed him for the rest of his days.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Yay for Ergos! We love ours and I too am glad the seller didn't murder you!!!

leah said...

Love your day to day snipets. :-) and yes, I agree with Betsy, glad you were not murdered by the Craig's list seller!!

Sandra said...

thats a cool little story about how you got your Ergo!! I so enjoyed those days baby food was out and finger food, table food was in!! So much easier at times. (and cheaper:))

sarah.flyingkites said...

So funny about the Craigslist irony!

Sara Huber said...

Score on the Ergo, wow!!

L, Ann and boys said...

My ergo story goes as follows…wanted one…found one at TJ Max for $60 and that one went to Kaitlin. Found an organic one I liked on Zulilly for $70 and bought it. Had second thoughts as I was using my other carrier already and liking it (like how many carriers do I need…I have a hosteling too). Also, I figured I could borrow one from, Jen, Ash or Kait as they all have one. So... I became the craigslist seller with no intentions of murder and sold it to a mom who would use it more than me. I made $10 on the sale. I only felt a little tiny bit bad about that. :) So glad your enjoying yours! :) :)

Andria

Christen Leigh said...

Haha I laughed at the not getting murdered comment. Fun little snippets! :)