Final Countdown

I really don't have a huge right to be so anxious. It's not like I'm at my due date yet. And to be fair, my doctor said she would fully expect me to hit my due date. But still - anytime this child would want to come would be just fine with me. I just don't want to be overdue...so if nothing has happened by evening on Sunday, you might find me running up and down the stairs and doing squats and all sorts of things that are said to induce labor.

But then on the other hand, the thought of giving birth and becoming a mom by this time next week starts to freak me out for sure. At least right now I'm getting good sleep and still setting my own schedule. And have time to wrap up some last-minute things for work and taking down the Christmas stuff at home.

But still - I can't say I'm an overly patient person.

So I took some advice to plan fun things to help pass the time...coffee and pedicure dates lined up with close friends, some fun meals to make and ingredients to experiment with, and I'm trying to just savor these last days with only Devin and I in the house. I'm also realizing it's probably a good thing we don't know the gender or I think I'd be buying an insane amount of baby clothes and spending way too much money to 'pass the time'. :)

A few things lately that make me happy...
New art supplies - part of my Christmas gift from Dev. The canvas is no longer blank - but also not quite finished.

Latte´from our favorite coffee shop.

Devin's new specialty. Avocado and grapefruit spinach salad. With a homemade honey vinaigrette. YUM

Tonight I'm experimenting with mustard greens for the first time. I'll have to report back about the lentil and mustard green stew!

7 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

So exciting! Can't wait to hear the news. Glad to hear you are soaking-in your last moments before baby. Enjoy!

T and M said...

i think it's great you went to your fav coffee shop. It's our fav too, and the last time we went our visit was cut short because my husband got too self conscious about our kids ramming around the cafe & messing in the decorative bamboo. So, enjoy these kidless couple days ( : Mandy

leah said...

so so fun! excited to spend some time with you tomorrow my friend! :)

and i'm laughing at devin's very yummy looking salad, b/c ross' specialties normally involve cheese, sausage and maybe some other carb. :D

Sara Huber said...

Love hearing what you're up to! :) Miss you and love you!

Christen Leigh said...

Looks like you are filling your time well! I am in desperate need of a pedicure, so bring it on! :)

smw said...

i feel i must have the recipe for that salad. have fun waiting!

Sandra said...

Yes Yes, enjoy these last few days. Its not fun feeling big and ready to bust, but at the same time, you are getting sleep:). Enjoy that!! How fun to fill up the time with outings with Dev and/or friends.

SO can NOT wait to hear what you have and what the little sweet name will be.