the suffering

last night at communion, a pretty special guy (to me anyways) gave a really powerful message from hebrews, these verses really stood out and represent perfectly what we're about to celebrate...

...we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting that he, for whom and by all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
Hebrews 2:9 & 10

the thought was also brought out that while God did send Jesus as the perfect sacrifice because He loves us, it was even more so to glorify Himself! so often i make it about me...God loves me, and Jesus died for me, and saved me from my sin...which of course, is all true, but it's really about our Creator, and His glory.


happy easter!

4 comments:

Christen Leigh said...

Amen, sista!

That's cool that Leo does their communion this close to Easter!

Tricky said...

Wow! How moving! Thanks for the inspiration to keep the whole truth in mind :)

love ya

Sara Huber said...

Sounds really special...wish I could have been there. thanks for sharing.

Betsy said...

I miss Dad's Christ centered sermons. Glad you got to have him in Leo for the evening. And a happy easter back to you!