it's official.

i have been offered a full time position as a case manager in foster care at gateway. i accepted.

my internship ends in december...a couple weeks before my graduation from Purdue. i will then have the luxury of getting a christmas vacation and starting full time at the first of the year. it's great because i'll be doing what i'm doing now (case management) only a higher work load.

so yes...leo isn't the exotic, exciting location i hoped to live in...but i do like it here and it's where God has placed me. i'm so thankful for a great job opportunity in an awesome work environment!

i'm also going to take this opportunity to put in a plug for the foster care dept. at gateway...we need an administrative assistant. you don't have to have a certain degree, just be good in excel and other computer functions. you'd even get to share office space with myself and rachel (an amazing cool girl). basically, it'd be a dream come true for anyone. :) we are very fun to work with. (well rachel is all the time...i tend to be a bit moodier than the average person) any takers?!

6 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Wow! Congratulations, Emily! How exciting!

Linda said...

How exciting! After 33 years of child-rearing, our last one is graduating and entering the work force! God is good!!

leah said...

congrats my dear.

doesn't surprise me a bit...i'd bet on you.

:)

Betsy said...

I'm super at Excel and I can answer a phone with the best of them...I'll send my resume.

So excited for you EM!

Christen Leigh said...

Wahoo! The foster care dept. is a dandy place to work... I seriously wish I could take you up on that offer! :)

Tricky said...

Yeah for you my friend!! You are blessed!! Love you!