five faves


free shipping & returns. quality shoes. great boot selection. i'm a fan.



thanks laura for getting me some of these for my birthday! i love love burt's bees lip shimmers. they have enough of a chapstick feel but also great color w/o the caked-on lipstick feel.



okay so most people know i'm not an animal lover. in fact, i really dislike almost every animal. however, down the road from me is the big beautiful old red barn with a huge white fence and open pasture. i run past it a couple times a week usually and it's very picturesque...and they have llamas in this pasture. okay, these animals are hilarious! not only do they look funny, when they see you come by they come over to the fence and just stare. literally stare you right in the face as long as you'll stand there and stare back. and most times, they're eating and they have this funny circular chewing motion. they also smile. i'm dead serious...usually one in particular will give me this huge smile. sometimes i just stop running and go up to the fence to stare back for awhile and laugh. this was probably the worst week i've had in awhile and one of the few times i laughed or smiled was at those stupid llamas. i am seriously tempted to have one someday simply to brighten my day. (it should also be noted that the owners probably look out their window and wonder about this odd girl laughing at their llamas.)



enough said.



these have pretty much become a staple in my diet lately. blueberry-banana smoothies (sometimes i do peach-banana too). living alone, i've become really lazy with eating and just want something quick and good. i make these for dinner fairly often...i just freeze ripe bananas and use one frozen banana, some frozen blueberries, dump in some skim milk, vanilla yogurt and a few tablespoons of ground flaxseed. so they're super healthy and amazingly good.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Enjoyed the post Em! I'm "babysitting" while R & B are out for a couple hours and Clive has been sleeping so...it was fun to read this. Who knew you would be a fan of llamas? They're probably similar to the camels they have for sale here- they seem to smile also :) Miss you- mom

Sara Huber said...

ironic...just getting ready to pull the trigger on some Piperlime boots. :)

J Gutwein said...

Hey.. I love the Burts Bees lip shimmers. Fun read. Love, J

Laura said...

llamas? you DO know that the award winning shoes were from piperlime, right?:) okay-- I know you kind of let me win that one but it was still fun!

leah said...

tell you what...

you, me, dq, this weekend...

it's a date!

;)

Mindy said...

Hey Emily! I blog stalk you every once in a while and had to comment on this one. :)

I just ordered my first two pairs of boots from Piperlime! I'm very excited to get them and it makes me feel better knowing you've had good success with them. :)